Saturday 2 February 2013

Zelda Ocarina of Time replica Review.

Here's my beautiful new Hans Rotter Z-Fan Ocarina that I won in the TON's of Fun Christmas Contest! I LOVE it SO MUCH!!!            



 
I needed to add a Neck strap to it but that's okay.

 Here's it's box. I think it's WONDERFUL! This is the top.
Here's the front panel with Zelda's lullaby written on it. This is the underside of the box with the Deku Sprout and Saria.
















It even has the company name carved in it!
There's no question about it. This is the most beautiful Ocarina I've owned since my Dragon Tooth and THAT'S SOMETHING seeing as so many of my performances are played on the DT!

 Wear-ability? It's pretty normal for an alto. Don't think you can carry this around your neck for long periods of time like a necklace. 
Trust me. You'll be seeing you friendly neighborhood Chiropractor in no time! XD 
However it's VERY Comfortable to hold in your hands. The holes are well defined and easy to feel for provided you've been working at breaking it in. I'm still working on this. It's not that I have small hands and have difficulty in holding it, I'm just not use to it...... yet!   

But What about it's Playability you ask? Well, everything I've been told about this Ocarina basically says "It's an amazing Ocarina that no self respecting Ocarinist would be caught without!" But what about an unbiased opinion from someone who has reasonable experience and has never owned one before? 

To be honest: This ocarina does indeed live up to all the well deserved hype! It's tone goes from deep and resonate* to light and cheerful. *(I love how it vibrates in my hands on the deep notes)
It is as functional as at is beautiful. However it has only 2 small setbacks that a new owner may be worried about. 

1: It's a 13 hole. The far right pinky hole has an extra hole similar to a recorder. (Maybe because it's an Italian Ocarina.... *starts thinking of Hitalia jokes*) 
This takes a little getting use to but I wouldn't worry. Just give yourself some time.

2: It's top 3 holes tend to be a little airy but don't worry about this problem. You just need to use Acute bending a little bit, that's all. :3

Overall. I'd definitely give this a 4.5 out of 5. If you're only going to own 1 alto "c" then it should be THIS one! (..... unless your not a Zelda fan.) 
It's a solid built, quality Ocarina that, if you have the money for, should definitely think about getting. 

Later! A.M.   

No comments:

Post a Comment