Tuesday 26 June 2018

Kalanchoe Care Chapter 22: Succulent Arrangement.

Okay, I finally got some plant filming done after so long. Enjoy my first attempt at making a Succulent Arrangement! :)

                                      


After filming, I went digging around through the house and found an old bag of tiny river-wash pebbles to make for a nice finishing touch!

 
I made sure to not crowd the tiny leaf cutting and micro plants that were trying to hard to grow. I also stuck in the one last piece of Watch Chain and gave it some water. I don't think it's dead, just severely dehydrated.

In other news, my Christmas Cacti are all doing fairly well but they can't handle the extreme sunlight we've been getting so, as much as I LOVE seeing them out in the sun in their bright green colors, I dare not let them stay out there for fear of rampant burning. So, In the house, in their basket in the south facing window is where they will stay. :) 

My Aloe Hawaorthia (Or Aloe Astarte, I can't remember) Is making it's one valiant effort to flower. I imagine it wouldn't be so stretched if it was outside but again, super strong sun. The problem we faced this year was in the span of a week we went from freezing at night to ROASTING hot! And when you have as many plants as I do, I'm NOT lugging that many plants in and out EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Not happening. :P 






As far as my Christmas Cacti go, I wish I knew  why some of the leaves (middle left pic) have been making roots but NOT making leaves. :( Did I mention this has been going on for months and years for keeping these things? @_@


And the bonus Post for you all today is... (drum roll please)
"Anything can be a Succulent pot!"
Check out this adorable little Parrot pot I've had for YEARS after trying my hand at Air Plants (obviously it died) It has no drain hole but it IS un-glazed Clay so it will wick away moisture and I put a bunch of very small rocks in the bottom so it has a drain layer. Anyway, The plant I put in here is the "I-Don't-Know-What" Succulent. I've had this thing for a few years and it's never really grown much but it IS alive so I figured "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?" Really, this thing is just a stump at the bottom with a very short root network, so it should do nicely in here.

















This will be watered VERY INFREQUENTLY! Or if the dirt dries out oddly fast. ;)


Thanks so much for reading all the way down. Sadly I have nothing else to say.

Honestly, there's nothing else to see here.

Okay. Here's a funny goat picture! 
 




Alright! Honest to goodness! That's All!! Nothing left to read!

God Bless and have a good day! Later Taters! :)

A.M. The Ocarina Player!

No comments:

Post a Comment